Sweet Potato Dark Chocolate Brownies
We all want a nice treat every now and then…. and this one really isn’t the worst!
It’s so delicious and packed with fibre, good fats, Vitamin A and antioxidants! You’re either going to laugh or scream ‘Yuck’ when you see the first ingredient, but trust me they taste great! So I decided to bake these for the girls I work with to celebrate International Women’s Day!
Can I just take a moment to mention how cooooooooool this organic dark chocolate is… It has the weight printed on each piece!!!! I got it in Supervalu for €3:99 so great value too!
What you need:
200g sweet potatoes
50g pecan nuts, chopped
1 tbsp raw cacao
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of 1 orange
100g 70% dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 egg whites
1 tsp honey
What to do:
1. Chop, boil and mash the sweet potato.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl… oats, pecans, raw cacao, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and orange zest.
3. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil over a saucepan of water.
4. Add the mashed sweet potato, melted chocolate, egg whites and honey into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
5. Pour onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and cook in the oven for 30 mins at 180°